Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dealing with the Ups & Downs

Billy and I had already started plans of moving by buying the new RV.  We traveled home in it and we slept in it a lot when he was sick, but we never went anywhere in it.  I was so sick and nearly died (miracle) in 2014, and we bought it in early 2015, and I really think he was planning if possibly I went first.  I would have been okay with that.  

• Like 3

Dee, I am so happy for you!  I've always wondered what'll happen to me as I approach that age, no idea, my kids seldom visit but I won't be able to travel to them forever.  I've lived here for over 43 years, a million memories and wouldn't know where to start cleaning out.  I'm in too much pain to do so right now anyway.  It makes sense to move what you need to your new home and then focus on the cleaning out stuff.  Here St Vinnie's hasn't opened back up yet so nowhere to donate to and too remote for garage sales, the dump costs money and is quite a ways away, and I hate to throw out good stuff.  So it sits.

I hope this is a happy move for you, not that it won't be bittersweet...all of your memories are packed into your heart though!  Am glad you'll have your people nearby!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kayc said:

all of your memories are packed into your heart

I agree with this Kay.  Sometimes I wonder what is packed in all those boxes.  I feel like every one is Pandora's box.  

• Like 3

Marg, you know about opening Pandora’s box.  That’s probably why you haven’t.  Only time will tell us f we will or won’t ever do something.    I know I’ll never get into the garage file cabinet to clean out.  No reason to stir up those ashes.  Plus, she already did it and look what it got us!

• Like 3