Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello Nile!

Novi

I am really rooting for you!  This is wonderful news, a great offer, what a good friend!  I wish you well on all counts, I really do.  And I still hope the unemployment comes through, you need all the help you can get!

• Like 1

Because I hadn't heard back from the hospital yesterday, I decided to apply for a student loan to take the health care aide course. It starts on September 3 and the loan can take up to 45 days to get approved, so I figured it was a lost cause. But I got an email today saying I was approved!!! It's enough to cover the cost of the full course and the cost of living for the duration of it. And I also heard back from the hospital today, there's a HCA position coming up in the next few days. She told me to watch for the job listing and to apply once it's up. It's good to have options. The future doesn't seem as bleak. 

• Like 2

I am so glad!  The unemployment must have come as a shock.  We have a lot of that going on here too.

• Like 1

The ad for the position at the hospital popped up this morning, I applied right away. I'm hoping to hear something soon but if I don't I will just continue with school. I haven't applied yet (non refundable deposit) so I want to be 100% before I proceed.

I also have a job interview tomorrow for a dispatch role so I will go and check that out too. It's a company I've had my eye on for a while, and they put an ad up earlier this week. I applied since I have nothing to lose by doing so. Might be okay too. It's nice that things are starting to move again, I was feeling so stuck! 

I find out next Tuesday if unemployment will continue with payments or not. If they do they will backpay all of this month. I really hope that happens. It would help me a great deal. 

18 hours ago, kayc said:

I am so glad!  The unemployment must have come as a shock.  We have a lot of that going on here too.

Thank you! And it really did. I hope my luck is changing. I feel bad for anyone else in a similar situation. Life is hard enough without the extra stress. 

• Like 1

For sure!

I guess the interview from last Friday won't call back. The job at the hospital hasn't contacted me either. But I'm going back to school next week, it's official now. I got the admission invitation yesterday. I didn't think I would make it in time. I'm looking forward to this, my mom would be happy I chose it (even if it's very, very late in life.)

Like she told me years ago, I am very nurturing. I think she is right. Nile is doing so well and he never leaves my side. 

IMG_20240828_010331.thumb.jpg.fc7639d5eaad874d852e77a0cada5487.jpg

• Like 2

Although it's hard to see in the moment, I believe everything happens for a reason, perhaps this is yours.  I'm so glad for you!  And it's never too late in life if you're physically up to it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got the job!!! The hospital called yesterday to book an interview for today and I got hired at the end of it. I start in November. It sucks that I lose the $400 tuition deposit but I get the actual tuition fee of $2200 itself back if I withdraw by September 13th. I was actually enjoying studying too, I like learning new things. But the hospital will help me with the course (at a different college) so it won't be long until I'm back studying, while working and earning clinical hours at the same time. This is as close to a dream come true as it comes for me. 

I know this thread has gone way off topic but at the same time, if I'm doing well, Nile does well. I actually bought him a harness (an extra small designed for kittens, he's sooooo small) and took him for a walk to try it out. I've tried in the past and that was a big no from him. But he's watched Sylvester walk and I guess he changed his mind about it. He's lost a bit more weight but he's still doing exceptionally well.  I hope the vet in the town we're going is as good as the one here.

IMG_20240904_202529-Copy.thumb.jpg.dfe5eea23a90bf811a42e02ae0b89bf0.jpg

• Like 2

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I'm so excited for you!

Yay!  You and Nile celebrate!

• Like 1