Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hurricane Milton

MartyT

Just a note to alert everyone visiting or posting on our site:

As many of you know, I am based in Sarasota, Florida, which is currently under a Category 5 hurricane warning, as we expect Hurricane Milton to hit some time on Wednesday of this week. This may affect my Internet and wireless service, so please keep that in mind if I am absent these next few days, and please continue to take good care of one another in my absence.

• Like 1

It's now 11:30 PM on Wednesday night. We're at the other end of this hurricane and are safe, although we're still experiencing 90 mph wind gusts and rain. Must wait until daylight to assess any damage to trees and the rest of our yard. House is still dry and intact as far as we know. Praying for so many Floridians who are less fortunate than we are . . . ❤️

• Like 1

Electric, Internet and A/C went out just after I posted my last message (above) ~ and everything just came back on, as of 8:31 PM this evening, so here I am again! We are safe and sound, but our yard is a mess, with damaged trees, brush and leaves down all over the neighborhood. Our younger son is due to arrive shortly from Tennessee to help us with the cleanup. Still, we are grateful to be alive, and pray for everyone suffering from this double whammy of hurricanes. ❤️

• Sad 1