Grief Healing Discussion Groups

3 Year Anniversary Approaching

Hi NATS, Thank you. The 3rd anniversary of Bill's death is March 27. His birthday is two weeks from today....I do not know what happened today except for waking up with Psalm 23 playing in my ear, being alone a LOT for 3+ weeks now, and a long intense conversation with a sick friend yesterday. I think I was vulnerable. But even if Psalm 23 was all that happened, it is enough to throw me. I can still see myself sitting next to his hospital bed an hour or so before he died reading that psalm to him and then that opens up the entire period of time. Valentine's Day is a tough day for the anniversary of a death of a beloved spouse. The hype is tough enough. We all keep on keeping on and we will continue to do so. Peace to your heart, Mary

Nats, I hope your 3rd anniversary of Ruth's death goes well for you also. I think sometimes the dread of the day is worse than the day itself. Good that you will be busy. I will be thinking of both you and Mary, you in Feb., and Mary in March. I am happy to hear Kay's perspective, that the first three years are the worst, and then after that we are what we are. I know I don't have many of those deep deep waves of grief that I had for the first year. I still occasionally have them, but they are further apart, and more brief. I am glad, because when they come they hurt so much.

So happy you spent some time with your grandson, grandkids are the best.

Mary (Queeniemary ) in Arkansas

Nats,

Valentine's Day is a hard time to lose a loved one, particularly a beloved spouse. I'm glad Brenda will be able to spend some time with you so you won't be alone the entire day/evening.

I hope it continues to get easier for each of you.