Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How do you mend a broken heart?

Oh, joy!  

Three pounds, eight ounces is a special mark, if I recall.  It means Gracie is growing, gaining cells, her organs are working better, and she has better control over her body temperature, too.  

So very happy to hear the news.  

*<twinkles>*

fae

• Upvote 3

Thank you all so much for following my Gracie girl.  I tell her all about you all when I get to hold her.  And Allen and Katie appreciate you all very much.  

Shes doing well.  Lots of cuddles.  Lots of soft music (thank you Fae).  Lots of talking.  She's cooing now.  She really adored her daddy.  She always wakes when he holds her.  She doesn't always wake when momma hold her.  Not sure why.  She's the sweetest little person.  :wub:

• Upvote 3

Gracie is struggling.  During last night she declined in breathing, heart rate and blood pressure.  Diagnosed with Intraventricular hemorrhage in the brain.  There's no cure just treatment of the symptoms.  She has a shunt placed.  Back on a vent.  And had a blood transfusion to help cardiac wise.  All this last night and this morning.  Preemies are so unpredictable.  Things come up so quickly.  But she's a fighter.   She has that on her side.  She's critical.  Drs are hopeful because she's fought so much already.  It's just a bump in the road.

• Upvote 2

Oh dear Butch, please know that we are all here praying for little Gracie and the entire family. I am so sorry for yet another "bump in the road" everyone has been on. You are not on this journey alone. We are with you. We hang on to the same hope you and your doctors have ~ HOPE.

Anne

• Upvote 5

Butch, I have my prayer chain praying for her, please let us know any updates.  You and Katie & Allen & the boys are in my prayers too, this is something happening to all of you.

• Upvote 3

Gracie is in critical condition and not doing well.  She has the same thing going on that her twin sisters did.  All we can do is hope and pray...

• Upvote 3

This is indeed a roller coaster.  Butch has been over at the hospital with Gracie and his latest message is:

Her brain hemorrhaging has lessened and her heart rate has gone back down and her BP has risen to better levels.  She's moving in the right direction the Dr says.  Thank God.  She was just holding onto finger for a good ten minutes and wouldn't let go.  ?.  She has my heart. 

• Upvote 4